2019 SDC Leadership Application
Thank you for your interest in group leadership positions with the Student Diplomacy Corps
Our mission is to provide opportunities and scholarships for high school students from across the nation and around the world on dynamic cross-cultural education summer programs that promote civic engagement, deepen understanding of local and global issues and unleash the potential and creativity of youth
Leading a group with the Student Diplomacy Corps offers you an opportunity to share your passion for international education with a group of talented high school students with demonstrated skills in their home communities as poets, athletes, ecologists, artists, musicians, activists, authors and civic leaders during a transformative 3-5 week program abroad.
• Study, travel or professional experience in a country in the Student Diplomacy Corps program portfolio or culturally related country
• Experience working with high school students in a leadership capacity
• College degree or equivalent experience in youth leadership
• Proficiency in the language of a country in the Student Diplomacy Corps portfolio
• Participation in a mandatory Corps Leadership Training before program departure
• Focus on the safety and well-being of your student group
• Work collaboratively with the Student Diplomacy Corps office and our international partner organizations incountry
• Manage program logistics and budget
• Empower, inspire, encourage and motivate your students to get the most out of the learning experience
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
This section of the Group Leader Application will take 45-90 minutes to complete and should be done in one sitting without refreshing the page, or allowing your computer to go into “power-save” or “sleep” mode. You are not required to create a user account or password for this form, and you may navigate forward and back throughout the form without losing entered information, however, entries will not save fully until you hit “submit” on the final page of the application.
The SDC Leadership Application Opens December 1st of each year for positions taking place in June/July
The SDC Leadership Application due date for the first round of hiring is March 1st
SDC Leadership Applications are accepted after March 1st but available positions are limited to remaining openings (highly variable)
SDC Leadership interviews happen on a rolling basis after the application opens
*If you refresh your browser or allow your computer to enter sleep mode and lose your work, simply start over. You may complete the form as many times as you like. If you lose your work at the end of the form please email us at the address below and we will forward you any data we can recover.
Contact email@example.com with questions